Our Pledge to You
- You will be treated as a partner in the care and attention you receive.
- You will receive the most appropriate care from suitably qualified staff. We will also provide useful and effective health promotion and screening.
- You will be treated with courtesy by all members of staff.
- We shall try to respond to your telephone calls as quickly as possible.
- You have the right to see your health records (there may be a minimal charge).
- We shall ensure that our staff maintain strict confidentiality of your medical records.
- You will be provided with full information about the services we offer.
- If you need to be seen quickly, we will ensure that you are given an appointment within 48 hours although we cannot guarantee this will be with the doctor of your choosing.
- We aim to see you on time but, due to emergencies, delays are sometimes unavoidable.
- Home visits, during surgery hours, will be undertaken at the doctor’s discretion by the doctor or locum attached to the practice.
- Repeat prescriptions will be available for collection after 48 hours
- If you need to speak to a doctor on the phone please ask the receptionist to book a telephone consultation
- Suggestions, comments and complaints will be dealt with promptly and confidentially by the Practice Director
- We shall take all steps to ensure access for people with disabilities.
- Referral letters to hospital will be sent via Choode & Book within 5 working days. Reports for information to non-medical bodies, such as solicitors and insurance companies, will be completed as soon as possible. Our medical work lakes priority.
Your Pledge to Us
- Appointments can be made by phoning 01706 824413 between 8:00am and 6:30pm Monday to Friday. If you can’t make your appointment, we expect you to contact the surgery, giving as much notice as possible. Persistent failure to attend for appointments will result in you being contacted by the practice. Requests for home visits will be dealt with at the doctor’s discretion.
- If you need medical advice outside normal surgery hours, ring NHS Direct on 0845 4647 or attend the Walk In Centre at Moorgate Primary Care Centre, Bury. If you have an emergency outside normal surgery hours, contact BARDOC on 0161 763 4242. This service is manned by local doctors. Home visits will only be carried out for patients too ill to attend the centre.
- Let us know when you move house. We need to keep our records up to date and we may still be able to provide you with a service if you remain within our practice area. Similarly please inform us if you change your telephone number.
- You may not need to see a doctor. There may be other health care professionals in the practice who can help you. Please ask the receptionist.
- You are automatically booked in for a 10 minute appointment. If you feel you need more time with the doctor, please ask for a longer appointment.
- The surgery telephone lines are extremely busy before 10am, especially on Mondays. If you need to make a routine call to the surgery, please avoid these times.
- Except in an emergency, you may not be able to speak to a doctor immediately as that may mean interrupting another patient’s consultation, so be prepared to leave your telephone number so the doctor can ring you back at a mutually convenient time.
- Please let us know about the service you receive. Comments and suggestions are always welcome.
- If you feel that you cannot talk to us directly, or if you have problems with any of the other services provided by the NHS, you can contact the Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS), Talbot Grove, Bury, BL9 6PH on 0800 328 3166.