We use a system called askmyGP which is an easy and fast way to ask for any kind of help from the practice.
Please Do Not Use askmyGP when requesting your medication unless asked by the practice.
- The service is available at set times during our opening hours. These Service Times are displayed on askmyGP here
- We respond during working hours Monday to Friday
- You can request a particular doctor or nurse (so long as they’re working)
- You can choose to be contacted by the surgery by telephone, secure message or video call
- If we need to see you we will usually give you a face-to-face or video appointment the same day
- Video consultations are provided by our own doctors through a secure link to your mobile, tablet or laptop for no extra charge
- You can register for askmyGP now, without any paperwork
If you prefer to phone, one of our receptionists will take a few details about your problem or request and then pass these to the GP. However you choose to get in touch, your GP will get contact you quickly and either sort out your problem on the phone, by secure message, or arrange to see you the same day, or another day if that’s more convenient.
Please note you can no longer book a GP appointment using our previous online appointment system.
askmyGP is available to all our patients, and you can use it to ask about your children or other people you care for (if they are registered with us).
That’s it – simple and straightforward!
We are encouraging everyone who has access to a computer, smartphone or tablet to use askmyGP:
- it saves you time
- really ill patients don’t have to wait for urgent slots at the end of surgeries
- GPs can manage their time more effectively, booking any follow-up appointments you might need.
NHS APP APPOINTMENTS :
Did you know that you can book a Routine Appointment with a Doctor Or Clinical Pharmacist by using the NHS App.
Please click on the link: NHS App and your NHS account – NHS (www.nhs.uk)